This is the second module of the ‘Peer Support Specialist Programme’. It equips learners with the necessary competencies to perform the role of a Peer Support Specialist.
This module comprises of 10 days of classroom training and 100 hours of supervised practicum in a social service or healthcare agency. Learners who fulfil all the requirements for this module and are assessed to be competent will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Peer Support.
It is preferred that the learner has completed the module, ‘Preparatory Training for Potential Peer Support Specialist,’ by SSI which is the first module in the Peer Support Specialist Programme.
The target audience for this module should be:
- Keen to build on their competencies in order to perform the role of a Peer Support Specialist.
- At least 21 years old.
- A Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident.
- Have a diagnosed mental health condition that has stabilised.
- Willing to share their own lived experiences to support others in their recovery.
- Self-identifying as a present or former primary consumer of mental health services.
Upon completion of this module, learners are expected to:
- Apply recovery and resilience principles to support their peers.
- Demonstrate peer support practice in the role of a peer support specialist.
- Identify key areas of progress of their peers and be able to notate the progress of peer support sessions through relevant documentation.
- Apply the practice of peer support and resilient conversation in culturally diverse situations.
- Apply ethical standards to peer support scenarios.
- Relate a personal recovery story from a resilience perspective.
- Facilitate a healthcare presentation for peer support.
- Facilitate peer support through a resilient-focused conversations in diverse situations.
Learners will be assessed through a mid-term written assessment, a practical assessment and a final written assessment. Learners are also required to undergo 100 hours of practicum and assessment, upon completion of the classroom training.
Trainer Led Sessions:
23 Aug – 3 Sep 2021 (the proposed dates may be subjected to further changes).
6 Sep 21
7 Sep – 1 Nov 21 (To be allocated upon successful enrolment and completion of classroom training)
10 Dec 21 (TBC)
- Completion of this module does not guarantee that learners will secure a job.
- Registration for the module does not guarantee enrolment in the module. Applicants who have been shortlisted for an interview will receive a notification via email.
- Endorsement from an employer or agency does not guarantee enrolment into the module. Applicants that have been endorsed will still have to pass the interview.