The SGUnited Skills Programme – Volunteer Management comprises of a suite of short courses that was specially put together to equip learners with the appropriate knowledge and skillsets to pursue roles in volunteer management, programming and development.
For more information on the applicable job roles in the social service sector visit this link.
- Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents above the age of 21 years who are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs).
- At least three to four years of experience in Marketing and Event Management.
- Experience in engaging and managing multiple stakeholders.
- Application period: Applications for this course will be from 12 Dec 20 to 20 Jan 21.
- Start Date: Feb 21 (Intake One).
- Programme Duration: Six months.
- Fees (excluding GST): Total would be $14,150 but net fees after funding will be $500
- Mode of delivery: Blended learning (facilitated classroom training, online course materials & pre-course e-Learning activities).
- Award of Certificate: Learners who have a minimum attendence of 75% and pass the assessment(s) will be awarded with an electronic Certificate of Achievement from SSI.
Modules for Sector Specific Skills
- Design and develop effective volunteer programmes (by SSI)
Learners will be taught how to design and develop effective volunteer work programmes and the volunteer leadership framework.
- Interpret the Service Types & Functions of Key Players in Social Service (by SSI)
Learners will be equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to illustrate the overall history, formation and development of social services. This includes interpreting the major roles of key social service players, relating social services to emerging needs and the need for functional frameworks to deliver effective services.
- Plan and Strategise for an Effective Volunteer Engagement Programme (by SSI)
Learners will be equipped with the management practices for working effectively with both skill-oriented and mission-focused volunteers serving on either a long term or episodic basis. Effective engagement of volunteers to reach organisationl strategic goals will also be taught.
- Volunteer Experience Management (by NP)
Learners will gain a working knowledge of human resource skills needed by volunteer managers to develop volunteer recruitment strategies, training programmes as well as recognition and engagement strategies that will create a fulfilling and engaging volunteer-centred experience.
Modules for Functional Skills
Marketing & Fundraising
- Branding Non-Profit: A Introduction (by SSI)
Learners will gain a deeper understanding of branding and its importance for both new and more established non profits.
- Social Media Management for Social Cause (by NP)
Learners will be taught how to apply the concept, skills and knowledge in managing and using social media to support social causes in a way that is effective for organisations.
- An Introduction to Event Management (by NP)
Learners will be equipped with the basic skills and knowledge needed to run a successful event. Project management tools will also be taught, allowing event coordinators to better keep track of the tasks, manpower and resources needed for an event.
- Manage Challenging Social Service and NPO clients (by SSI)
The following topics will be covered in this course: Client Interaction Escalation, The Psychology of Anger, Types of Challenging Clients, Handle Complaints and Irate Clients, Diffuse Challenging Situations which include: Clients who will not take “No” for an answer and Clients with unreasonable behaviour, Techniques to remain cool as a cucumber and Action Plan Development.
- Technology and Sustainable Volunteerism (by NP)
Learners will be taught how to apply different social media and technological tools in order to create a volunteer management system and online training workshops and sessions.
Sign up for the programme through this link.
For queries relating to this programme, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The course details including the start dates and cost of the course is tentative and will be updated accordingly.
- The Volunteer Management Programme is jointly developed by SSI and Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP) although individual courses may come from either SSI or NP.
- Registration may close before 20 Jan 21 if the maximum number (50 pax) of available spaces is taken up before the closure date.