- Start Date: Jan 21 (Intake 1) and Mar 21 (Intake 2).
- Programme Duration: Eight months.
- Fees (excluding GST): Total would be $14,130 but net fees after funding will be $666.67.
- Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents above the age of 21 years who are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Rank and File (RnF) employees.
- Individual contributors with at least three to four years of experience in people engagement, programme coordination, administration and operations.
Modules for Sector Specific Skills
- Provide Support Level Service to Children (by SSI)
- Provide Support Level Service to Families (by SSI)
- Provide Support Level Service to Persons with Disabilities (by SSI)
- Provide Support Level Service to Seniors (by SSI)
- Provide Support Level Service to Youths (by SSI)
Modules for Multi-Disciplinary Skills
- Demonstrate Understanding of Group Dynamics in Social Service (by SSI)
- Demonstrate Understanding of legal provisions in Social Service (by SSI)
- Interpret the Service Types & Functions of Key Players in Social Service (by NP)
- Organise & Implement Basic Social Recreational Activities (by SSI)
- Supporting Clients with Professional Resources (by NP)
- Work with Volunteers (by SSI)
Modules for Generic/Soft Skills
- Apply Relationship Building Skills in Social Service Practice (by SSI)
Applications for the programme is not open yet. Indicate your interest for the programme through this link.
- The course details including the start dates and cost of the course is tentative and will be updated accordingly.
- The Social Service Assistant Programme is jointly developed by SSI and Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP) although individual courses may come from either SSI or NP.